Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC) operates under the open-door admissions policy established in the North Carolina General Statute 115.D. We welcome any high school graduate or non-graduate who is 18 years of age or older and who can benefit from the instruction offered. Programs are available to allow current high school students to take curriculum classes at the College.
Don’t Fall behind… ENROLL NOW
Classes begin August 15
Enroll early to get the classes you need, the instructors you want, and the schedule that works best for you!
- Schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor
- Ensure all debt to the college has been paid
- Ensure all official transcripts are turned in to the Records and Registration Department
New or Returning Students who have not been enrolled for 2 years (4 continuous semesters)
- Complete the NC Residency Determination at https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residencyInfo/
- Apply for Admissions – https://www.cfnc.org/index.jsp
- Submit all official high school, high school equivalency, and/or college transcripts
- Register for a Placement Test, if required. Exemptions may apply based on one or more of the following: prior testing, college transfer credit, SAT or ACT scores taken within the last 5 years, or multiple measures. Contact the Registrar at 862.1225 prior to scheduling a test. Test preparation resources are available at www.roanokechowan.edu/testing-services/
- Secure Tuition Coverage – Financial Assistance available for those who qualify. Apply Now at www.fafsa.ed.gov. R-CCC school code: 008613
- Schedule and Registration Appointment – Stop by Student Services to finalize the registration process.
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Refer to the 2018-19 Academic Calendar for important dates. https://roanokechowan.edu/current-students/academic-calendar/
For additional information, please contact the Department of Student Services at 252-862-1200
Important Message Regarding Residency Determination
Effective May 1, 2017 – All students (except for high school students entering the Career and College Promise program) must obtain a N.C. residency certification number (RCN) prior to submitting a Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC) application. R-CCC will no longer be able to validate residency status for students or make any changes in residency status. The North Carolina State Legislature has established the Residency Determination Service (RDS), which will serve as the single authority for determining whether a student qualifies for in-state or out-of state tuition.
SPECIAL CREDIT STUDENT
A student who is currently enrolled at another college and wants to take courses at R-CCC to transfer back to their home institution or A student who needs to take a few pre-requisite courses to enter a program at another college or university.
Looking for a smooth transition from home school to college? R-CCC welcomes qualified home schooled students and we have established easy to follow steps to make your application process stress-free.