Roanoke-Chowan Community College

Career and College Promise


Congratulations on your decision to start the career and college promise program (CCPP) with Roanoke-Chowan Community College! We are excited to have you become a part of our campus community and we look forward to working with you.

Roanoke-Chowan Community College’s Career and College Promise Program is TUITION-FREE and provides seamless dual enrollment opportunities for eligible North Carolina public, private and homeschooled students to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills.  CCP replaces all earlier dual-enrollment programs, including Huskins, and Learn and Earn.

R-CCC offers the following pathways for high school students.

College Transfer Pathways leading to the completion of at least thirty semester hours of transfer courses, the first two years of a four-year Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.

 Career Technical Pathways – for Freshmen and Sophomores lead to an industrial or engineering certificate or diploma aligned with a high school Career Cluster.

Career Technical Pathways – for Junior and Seniors lead to a certificate or diploma aligned with a high school Career Cluster.

To participate in Career and College Promise, excluding ECHS, interested students must first attend an information session.

Cooperative Innovative (Hertford County Early College) High School allows rising ninth graders the opportunity to earn their high school diploma and two years of college credit or associates degree within five years. Eligibility requirements for Cooperative Innovative High School Programs are established jointly by local boards of education and local boards of trustees in accordance with G.S. 115C-238.50.

Visit the Hertford County Public Schools Website.

Getting Started

  1. Submit an admissions packet. A complete packet includes: admissions application, eligibility form, transcript and assessment scores (if required), and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form.
  2. Speak with your high school counselor or designee to determine your Grade Point Average (GPA) and test score eligibility. This varies by pathways.
  3. Submit the registration form.
  4. Pick up your student id.
  5. Create your WebAdvisor account. Check your schedule.
  6. Get your books from your high school counselor.
  7. Attend class beginning the first day and study hard!

Making Class Changes
Once the semester begins, students may withdraw from or add a class during the applicable period, by first consulting with the high school counselor.  IF the request is approved, the add/drop form should be completed and submitted to the Registrar Office at the college.


Career and College Promise students who complete a certificate or diploma program may be awarded prior to high school graduation.  He/she may also participate in R-CCC’s exercise ceremony held each spring semester in May.

Resources After Graduation

How to request transcripts:
Students enrolling at a school other than R-CCC after high school graduation must request an official R-CCC transcript. R-CCC transcripts are not automatically sent to other colleges by their high schools. There is a small fee of $5.00 for each official transcript requested.

Enrolling at R-CCC after High School Graduation:
Upon graduation from high school, students are able to enroll as a curricular student and complete any of R-CCC’s degree, diploma, or certificate programs. Students must reapply as a traditional student. Your R-CCC ID and R-CCC portal username will remain the same.


For Questions About:

Career and College Promise Programs – or call (252) 862-1225

Placement Testing – Visit the Testing Center Website